One of the best ways to prepare for an interview is to PRACTICE! It is important to be familiar with some of the likely questions that your interviewer may ask you as well as be prepared and comfortable with what you want to say about yourself.
AAMC has a webpage dedicated to general interview advice: from medical school admissions professionals to students, be sure to click through a variety of articles to learn more about preparing for this important part of the admissions process.
Virtual Interview Advice: For the 2020-2021 academic year, many medical schools may moving to online interviews for the admissions process. Please click on this link for some tips on preparing for an online/virtual interview. AAMC also produced an informative video presentation re: Prep for success in your Virtual Interview.
1) Tell me about yourself.
2) Why do you want to be a doctor?
3) How would you describe your approach and role when working within a team?
4) Describe one of your research projects to me as if I were not a scientist.
5) Who is a patient that you will never forget (no names, of course)? Why did this experience/their story resonate with you?
6) Tell me about a time you failed or describe a challenge you encountered and how you overcame it.
7) What personal or professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
8) What are you looking for in your medical education experience?
9) Why is XYZ medical school a good fit for you?
10) Do you have any idea what medical specialty you might select? Why?
11) What was the last book you read/movie you saw?
12) How would your best friend/peers describe you?
Preparing for Multiple Mini Interviews:
What you need to know about the MMI process: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/hpao/documents/Preparing_Applicants_for_the_MMI.pdf
Strategies for answering MMI questions: https://www.dummies.com/careers/medical-careers/familiarize-yourself-with-the-multiple-mini-medical-school-interview-mmi/
Where to get Sample MMI Questions:
Commercial Company (no need to pay- use the free stuff!): https://multipleminiinterview.com/mmi-questions/
University of British Columbia (almost 50 question prompts!): http://science-student.sites.olt.ubc.ca/files/2014/01/Sample-Questions-2013-2014.pdf
University of Saskatchewan: https://medicine.usask.ca/documents/Admissions/MMI-Sample-Scenarios.pdf
See an MMI video example: https://cumming.ucalgary.ca/mdprogram/future-students/admissions/mmi-information/samples
Be ready to discuss hot topics in healthcare:
1) Review Dr. Powers' lectures!